Human Resources Specialist/Recruiter
- - Human Resources & Administrative Services
- Westerville, OH, USA
- Full Time
Human Resources Specialist/Recruiter assists in day-to-day responsibilities including: maintaining personnel files, provides staffing support, completing new employee onboarding and background checks and other administrative duties as assigned. Works directly with the Senior Human Resources Generalist to determine staffing needs and will work on special projects and any other assigned human resource activity. Must deliver excellent customer service at all times to all internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes and staffs vacant position to ensure quality of service continuity to individuals supported based on the needs of the organization.
- Assists with the recruitment process by posting positions, conducting phone screens, scheduling interviews for hiring managers, and applicant correspondence.
- Responsible for extending employment offers, completing pre-hire paperwork and background screening procedures for all candidates.
- Coordinates and leads new staff onboarding processes to ensure a smooth transition for all newly hired and promoted staff ensuring all required documentation is completed and training is scheduled.
- Coordinates and maintains employee records, new hire paperwork ensuring contents are complete, accurate and in compliance with local, state and federal law.
- Provides administrative support to Human Resources department including data entry, employee correspondence, invoice reconciliation, record/file maintenance and audits.
- Provides verification of employment for current and past employees.
- Troubleshoots administrative and technical invoice reconciliation issues with vendors.
- Assists the HR Generalist with any special projects as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a focus on value added service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of ethics, trust and personal integrity.
- Ability to build strong relationships focused on customer success.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to initiate self-development and professional growth
- 1-3 years of experience working with data base administration.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related degree preferred. In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, High School Diploma/GED with minimum three (3) years' recruitment experience
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in a fast paced, high demand environment
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.