Part-time Weekend Direct Support Professional- Positions available near Tuttle Crossing Mall in Dublin, OH
- - Residential Services
- OH, USA
- Part Time
Do you like helping others? Do people say you're patient and caring?
If you said "YES"! ....then we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for energetic, compassionate professionals who love working in the DD community!
We have part-time, weekend positions available near Tuttle Crossing Mall in Dublin, OH.
The days and hours for these part-time positions are as follows:
***Friday 10PM-10AM & Sat 10PM-10AM
***Saturday & Sunday 4PM-10PM
***Saturday & Sunday 10AM-10PM
If all of the above sounds good to you and you meet the qualifications & skills below.... then come to our
*** Monday- Friday 9AM-4:30PM***
The following qualifications and skills for this full-time position are below:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (document is required).
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with five or fewer points.
- Personal vehicle with proof of liability insurance with you listed as a driver.
- Previous direct care experience in a related field preferred.
The Direct Support Professional is responsible to provide direct supports to the individuals served, including, but not limited to: assisting in maintaining a clean, safe living environment, meal preparation, completion of various household tasks, and personal care assistance. This person will also be supervising, teaching, and assisting the individuals served in every aspect of his/her life, with the goals of fostering increased independence, choice and empowerment while assuring that the health and safety needs are met at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the Individual Support Plan to assist the individual in achieving his/her goals.
- Support individuals in their daily life activities i.e.: cooking, cleaning, dressing, bathing based on their level of need.
- Observe individuals and report any significant changes in behavior to Residential Coordinator and Residential Manager.
- Transport and accompany individuals to medical appointments and appropriately deal with emergency situations.
- Administer medication according to delegated nursing requirements and ensure there is a sufficient amount of medical supplies and equipment.
- Ensures that medication is stored properly.
- Provides additional support as required in the areas of money management and personal income, housing, health and safety, transportation and community activities.
- Understand company policies and procedures and is familiar with individuals rights and ensures that they are protected.
- Report any unusual incidents and follow proper procedure.
- Complete necessary program documentation in a clear, concise and timely fashion.
- Act as a role model for individuals served.
- Obtains and maintains required certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable about formal and informal community supports and demonstrates skill in obtaining these supports for the individuals.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team and able to contribute by sharing concerns and problem solve and recommend or implement change.
- High degree of compassion, empathy and patience.
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.