Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Part-Time
- - Quality Systems & Nursing
- Columbus, OH, USA
- $19.89 hr.
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, 403(b), Life Insurance, AD&D, and PTO
The Nurses are responsible for ensuring the individuals are receiving the best medical care possible as prescribed by the medical authority. The Nurses are also accountable for ensuring that the agency is in compliance with all federal and county regulations regarding proper medical care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and submitting a medical summary at the initial IP meeting which includes:
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of the individuals by educating and training the direct support staff in the proper methods to care for the people.
- Review Doctor Order Sheets (DOS) and follow up with staff, if needed, and file sheets weekly.
- Serve as the Liaison with the Doctor/Pharmacy and Guardian regarding any medical issues.
- Verify that the Medication Administration Record (MAR) is being completed correctly.
- Completes medical observations and evaluations for each individual
- If an injury or accident occurs, nursing staff will follow up with individual within 24 hours and complete the proper paperwork and notify the appropriate staff.
- Medical files are to be reviewed every quarter, changes are to be noted and action taken if necessary.
- Training for Medication updates
- Order special adaptive equipment as needed, present documentation to IRC committee if required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of ethics, trust, personal integrity, patience and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Compassionate, but effective.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Must be a good listener.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop positive interpersonal relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Motivates, educates and inspires staff.
- Minimum of a certificate as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Ohio.
- One to three year's experience, preferably in the field of Developmentally Disabilities
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media