- - Dahlberg Gibson Learning Center
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins, STD, LTD, 403(b)
The individualized education plans (IEP) for the children at Dahlberg/Gibson Learning Center, while maintaining a safe and positive classroom environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates as a member of the classroom team which may include participating in planning activities that support Individual Education Plans, communicating observed behavior, and maintaining written reports and records as required.
- Assists the Intervention Specialist in following instructional plans and education plans.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of the children by providing a clean and orderly classroom environment, taking all necessary precautions to protect the children. Check the playground and other play areas to assure safe environments.
- Assists the Intervention Specialist in maintaining classroom routines and behavior strategies that encourage the best possible student educational experience
- Attends to the needs of the children upon their arrival and departure, toileting, feeding and administration of medicine if needed.
- Participates in home visits
- Works with a variety of professionals and staff.
- Adjusts to new teaching methods, curriculum and behavior management as emerging trends are incorporated.
- Respond quickly to support the teacher in maintaining a safe environment.
- Understands the needs of the classroom and uses available resources to meet those needs.
- Participates in obtaining professional knowledge and skill by attending and participating in required staff meetings, attending internal and external training and reading related literature.
- Ability to effectively work as a member of a team.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and problem solve.
- High attention to detail and a high level of motivation, professionalism, trustworthiness and ethics.
- High degree of patience, compassion and empathy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish a rapport with young children.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited university required.
- One to three years of experience working with young children preferred.
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media