Activity Leader for Day Program-- Monday-Friday Schedule
- - Add Ventures
- Westerville, OH, USA
- $10.50 hr.
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary STD & LTD, 403(b), Life Insurance, AD&D, and PTO
The Activity Leader leads the day to day activities of the Add Ventures program in both center-based and community-based programs. The Activity Leader leads and teaches various classes and activities and ensures the health and safety of those participating in the activities.
- Creates, implements, and participates in activities and lesson plans and ensures a safe and engaging environment for participants served by Add.
- Reviews and implements program plans and participant support plans.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Verifies that each participant is supervised according to his/her Individual Support Plan.
- Seeks creative ways to ensure that the participants are engaged in all of the daily activities and assists them with meeting the measurable outcomes as listed in each program plan.
- Acts as a role model and displays socially appropriate behavior at all times.
- Provides transportation for participants on a daily basis using company vehicles.
- Adheres to transportation route schedule and ensure timely and safe transportation of participants.
- Promotes positive social interactions for all individuals served.
- Observes participant's behaviors through daily interaction and reports any unusual changes to Supervisor.
- Assists individuals with personal care needs and daily living skills as needed (i.e. toileting, eating, mobility).
- Attends and participates in all required meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both in verbal and written format to a very diverse group.
- High degree of patience, compassion and empathy.
- Ability to plan and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
- High attention to detail and a high level of motivation, professionalism, trustworthiness and ethics.
- Minimum of High School Education Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience supporting people with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Valid Ohio Driver's license with less than 6 points and proof of insurance required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
- This position can be very physical and occasionally requires lifting of more than 100 lbs.
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media