Community Recreation Coordinator
- - Community Connections
- OH, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary STD & LTD, 403(b), Life Insurance, AD&D, and PTO
The Community Recreation Coordinator assists the Volunteer Services Manager in the evening and weekend operations and oversight of the Franklin County Recreation program. The Community Recreation Coordinator assists in delivering quality programs, plans community activities, provides direct support to participants and assists in the development of new community based programs for recreation members within the Franklin County Recreation program.
- Provides a variety of well-planned activities based on the interests of recreation members.
- Develops activity plans to ensure activities are implemented effectively
- Provides direct support to recreation members.
- Transports members to/from activities as needed.
- Serves as a role model and assists participants in making informed life choices.
- Assists in developing quarterly activity schedules.
- Plans and coordinates special events.
- Provides leadership for the Recreation Member Committee for Friday dances.
- Submits activity costs to Senior Community Recreation Coordinator for development of quarterly budget.
- Submits purchase orders for recreation program.
- Provides activity descriptions, including date, time, location and cost, to catalog editor for quarterly recreation catalog.
- Assists in quarterly enrollment of recreation members
- Develops and maintains good relationships with community vendors.
- Negotiates rates for activity costs.
- Attends community events to recruit volunteers.
- Connects volunteers and recreation members to community resources as Community Club Advisor.
- Attends ISP meetings for Community Club members.
- Completes documentation and paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides administrative support by making phone calls, mailing information and entering activity attendance into the database.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree or equivalent required. Bachelor degree in social services, recreation or education preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in developmental disabilities field preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver's license with five or fewer points required.
- Working knowledge of developmental disability laws, regulations and funding sources preferred.
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media