- - Community Connections
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins, STD, LTD, 403 (b) & PTO
The Community Specialist is responsible for providing community educational, recreational and leisure-based activities and opportunities to individuals in the community. The Community Specialist coordinates and leads community-based programs and supports individuals in these programs.
- Provides a variety of well planned activities to meet the needs of the individuals and helps to identify and address barriers to these activities.
- Maintains the health and safety of participants.
- Develops, writes and/or implements programs that reflect community based outcomes for growth and development and advocates for the individual. Monitors the success of the programs implemented and revises the programs when needed.
- Documents the success of the programs implemented and provides feedback when needed.
- Observes individual's behavior through daily interaction and reports any unusual changes to appropriate party.
- Acts as a role model and assists individuals in learning appropriate social skills.
- Develops relationships with community supports and helps individuals utilize community resources.
- Provides an enjoyable and safe environment of socialization and learning experiences for participants.
- Completes documentation and paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attends required meetings and trainings.
- Transports individuals to/from activities as needed.
- Network with community to establish working relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple, diverse projects and changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and a high level of motivation, professionalism, trustworthiness and ethics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a non-threatening manner.
- Proficient in both working as a team and independently.
- Ability to plan and problem solve and ability to anticipate, facilitate and participate in change
- Associate degree required; Bachelor degree preferred
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal
employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.