- - Community Connections
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 403(b) & PTO
The Community Coordinator assists the Manager of Community Connections in the daily operations and oversight of the Community Connections program. The Community Coordinator helps deliver quality programs, plans community activities, and provides direct supports to participants. Develops community based programs for Franklin County ARC Workshop and the Living Skills Centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and evaluates classes and program plans to ensure programs are implemented effectively
- Trains Recreation Specialists and Franklin County staff on teaching methods and skills assessment
- Performs paperwork, compliance reviews and other program documentation as needed
- Coordinates and attends intake meetings and behavior trainings
- Provides direct support to participants as needed
- Plans community activities based on the needs of the participants and leads activities as needed.
- Monitors the quality of programs and conducts quality reviews.
- Ensures program adherence to all policies and procedures and laws governing the developmental disabilities field
- Serves as a role model and assists participants in making informed life choices.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with community vendors.
- Leads Community Connections classes
- Partners with Venders and Volunteers to facilitate recreation activities.
- Negotiates rates for activity costs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, handle difficult situations, work flexible hours, and work within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and resolve conflict in an effective manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical ability to lift, carry and assist participants as needed.
- Associate's degree or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in social services, recreation or a health related field preferred,
- Two (2) years of experience in developmental disabilities field preferred.
- Valid driver's license with 5 or less points required. Cannot have 6 points in a 2 year period.
- Working knowledge of developmental disability laws, regulations and funding sources preferred.
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.