- - Add Ventures
- Westerville, OH, USA
The Discovery Assistant will be responsible for supporting participants during a four week Transition to Work Summer Program. The summer program will begin on 7/5/17 and end on 8/2/17. During this time, the Discovery Assistant will work Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Discovery Assistant will work with Discovery Specialists to teach job exploration, social skills and community accessibility classes within the community as well as facilitate community experiences with local businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Discovery Specialists and participants during classes, and community experiences
- Provide personal care to participants, including bathroom and feeding assistance
- Complete Defensive Driving Certification Course
- Drive vehicles for small groups
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to teach and engage groups in discussion.
- Creativity, problem-solving skills, and flexibility.
- Friendly and outgoing personality is required to build a rapport with participants, their families, and their teams.
- High degree of empathy and compassion.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- High ethics and values and able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum age of 21
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Have current CPR & First Aid certificates or willing to be trained
- Pass drug test and background checks
- Valid driver's license with 5 or fewer points
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.