- - Community Connections
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins, 403(b) & PTO
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for providing strategic leadership, overall managerial and administrative responsibility for the Franklin County Recreation program. The position also works with the Director in Strategic Planning and is responsible for managing the operations of the volunteer program, including recruitment, training, scheduling, and oversight of volunteers and staff involved with the Franklin County Recreation Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement volunteer recruitment system and methodologies.
- Attend on a regular basis community events to recruit volunteers
- Interview, select, train and assign volunteers based on identified needs and interests.
- Annually develop new strategic opportunities and growth goals, including a plan for program objectives and recruitment.
- Manage staff in coaching/counseling and evaluating performance.
- Ensure all appropriate background checks are completed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct volunteer evaluations and maintain files and documentation as needed.
- Maintain volunteer schedules and distribute to staff monthly
- Communicates with Director and management team regarding volunteer needs and assignments.
- Submit scheduled reports of program progress
- Monitor the quality of supports and services provided.
- Enlist the support of community resources such as community based recreation programs, partnerships with businesses, colleges, corporate sponsors, public and private organizations.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all Franklin County Recreation activities, questions, inquiries, etc.
- Manages staff in coaching/counseling, evaluating, and assisting in program development.
- Motivates staff to achieve individual and program goals and objectives.
- Maintains a clear understanding of program needs and prioritizes available resources appropriately to meet these needs.
- Ensures programs are up to quality standards and meet regulatory approval.
- Responsible for oversight of budget and expenses of operations and effectively uses systems to achieve goals in a cost effective manner.
- Completes ongoing progress reports and special reports as requested.
- Communicates with individuals, guardians, parents, team members, staff and other agencies to ensure the Franklin County Recreation program is achieving its goals.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve and find creative solutions to challenges
- Strong values orientation to community based and integrated options
- Attention to detail ad a high level of motivation, professionalism, trustworthiness and ethics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to focus, not easily derailed by distractions and obstacles.
- Must be committed to exceptional customer service
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are necessary for building and maintaining collaborative relationships that are essential to successful programs.
- Must demonstrate personal discipline, self-motivation and a commitment to working as a team.
- Ability to effectively recruit and manage volunteers and an ability to delegate effectively.
- Proficiency in using relevant technology, including email and Microsoft software and ability to learn additional software programs.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of three years of experience with employee or volunteer recruitment
- Demonstrated experience in effective leadership in managing people and events.
- Resident and knowledge of the local area's communities and resources for which applying.
- A minimum of two years of management experience required.
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.