- - Dahlberg Gibson Learning Center
- Columbus, OH, USA
- 11.14 hr.
- Part Time
- 403(b) & PTO
The Teacher's Aide is responsible for assisting the Intervention Specialist with daily classroom activities while maintaining a safe, positive classroom environment. Work hours are Tuesdays,Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:00AM-4:00PM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out the instructional plans and Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP)/Individual Education Plans (IEP) as designated by the Intervention Specialist.
- Makes observations and reports information to the Intervention Specialist.
- Assists students with activities such as: puzzles, painting, coloring, music, etc.
- Attends to the needs of the children upon arrival and departure from the school, washing hands, brushing teeth, toileting and eating.
- Works with a variety of professionals and staff.
- Adjusts to new teaching methods, curriculum and behavior management as emerging trends are incorporated.
- Responds quickly to support the teacher in maintaining a safe environment.
- As assigned may provide classroom assistance as needed due to absence or additional needs in the classroom.
- High degree of patience, compassion and empathy.
- Ability to develop rapport with young children
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- One to three years of experience working with pre-school children, preferably children with disabilities.
- Able to lift and carry 30-50 pounds.
We make employment decisions based upon factors such as performance, abilities, talent, effort, and results. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other legally protected status.